Wednesday 27 January 2016

Campfire Songs: My Name's Jo


This week we started our mission to teach the Beavers a campfire song every week to build up
their repertoire.

I started with a favourite of mine from my Brownie days - "My Name's Jo". There's various versions of this on the internet, however the version I remembered went like this.

It's a repeat after me song so leader says the line and the Beavers say it back.

And like I said to my Beavers - you have to sing it with a silly accent to make it a really silly song!!


My Name's Jo

'Ello
My Names Jo
And I work in a button factory
And one day
Me boss said to me
"Jo are you busy?"
and I said "nooo"
so he said to me
"can you push this button with your right hand"

Mime pushing a button with your right hand, continue this action while singing the next verse

'Ello
My Names Jo
And I work in a button factory
And one day
Me boss said to me
"Jo are you busy?"
and I said "nooo"
so he said to me
"can you push this button with your left hand"

Mime pushing a button with your right hand and left hand, continue this action while singing the next verse  (as above but amending the last line... adding the actions as you go along)

"can you push this button with your right leg hand"

"can you push this button with your left leg"

"can you push this button with your head"

"can you push this button with your bottom"

"can you push this button with your tongue"

'Ello
My Names Jo
And I work in a button factory
And one day
Me boss said to me
"Jo are you busy?"
and I said YES  (stop all actions)
I'm Fed Up and I'm Going Home!  (walk away in a strop)


No comments:

Post a Comment